For his most recent birthday, Ron requested a Cherry Cake. I'm not usually a huge fan of most things cherry, but how could I say no? I modified a recipe that came from Food.com, and it was fabulous. Even I loved it.
You could tinker with the flavourings (2 t. almond + 1 t. vanilla, for example). You could also soak the cherries in a little liquid first; Kirsch rather comes to mind...
Ingredients:
1.5 cups butter
1.5 cups sugar
4 eggs
4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
16 ounces of dried cherries (baking cherries)
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1 cup warm milk
Cream together butter and sugar in a large bowl.
Add 1 egg and 1 cup of flour and beat. Continue to add the flour and eggs in this manner, beating briefly after each addition. Add the baking powder with the last cup of flour.
Add the flavourings and the milk and beat gently.
Add the cherries and mix.
Pour batter into a greased and floured tube pan. Bake at 325 for 1 hour or until done.
No comments:
Post a Comment